1. Consider whether or not you deserve the pay rise – Are you punctual, reliable and meeting expectations and KPI’s consistently
2. Bring with you a positive mindset – It will show in your body language and tone of voice.
3. Put a lot of thought into the best time to ask for the pay rise. Consider your boss; workload and personality
4. Prepare and prepare some more – You can never be too prepared
5. Ensure all your current work is up to date
6. Exude confidence – Being well prepared will assist with this
7. Be patient – Give your boss time to review the situation. If you think it is dragging on, do ask for updates.
8. If at first you don’t succeed, don’t be afraid to try again – You could even consider other options such as benefits that may be available to you