- I’m not really concerned about how many years of experience you have. I hire the best person for the job. Sometimes it is the one with one to two years experience, and sometimes it is the person with 10 years. I have many job opportunities or clients looking for the RIGHT person.
- Never assume that I am not looking to fill a position if there is nothing posted. I love finding great Property Management talent and then creating roles for them.
- I hire for potential. I look at what can they bring to my clients – not just now, but also in 12 months, two years plus. I see talent, create a career path, and watch them grow in their roles. That’s inspiring for me to watch.
- Personality is HUGE. Is your glass full, half full, half empty, or completely empty?
- Do you believe in yourself? Why would our clients have you work for them if you are not even confident in your own ability?
- Do you fit into the culture? A person can be a genius at what he or she does but still not be the right fit. Certain personality types are best suited for different environments – one might be best suited to a large, corporate company while another might fit best to a Boutique office.
- Do you fill any holes for my clients?
- Then, after I go through all of these considerations, will I focus on the resume itself.
It is important to move beyond your resume. E-mail me directly. Connect with me on LinkedIn or find me on Facebook and send me a message. Explain that you would like to talk – I will speak with anyone on the phone who is looking for work in Property Management – Real Estate. Don’t be shy – be aggressive! Show me that you want the job (or a job). If you get my attention, get me excited and impressed, I will find that role for you.
Nikki Taylor – REJS – Recruitment Specialist / Director